Rotala sp. Spikey
Common Name: Rotala Sp. spikey
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Rotala sp. Spikey is an elegant aquatic plant known for its distinct appearance and delicate, feathery foliage. Belonging to the Lythraceae family, this Rotala variant is appreciated by aquarium enthusiasts for its fine, needle-like leaves and its ability to add a graceful touch to freshwater setups. The plant's unique structure and vibrant green coloration make it a sought-after choice for aquascaping, providing an eye-catching element in planted tanks.
- Scientific Name: Rotala sp. Spikey
- Family: Lythraceae
- Origin: Cultivated variant, likely from Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Lighting: Rotala sp. Spikey thrives in aquariums with medium to high lighting conditions. Providing sufficient light is crucial for maintaining its delicate structure and promoting healthy growth.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant benefits from moderate to high levels of CO2 supplementation and a nutrient-rich substrate. A well-balanced nutrient supply supports lush development and enhances the plant's overall appearance.
3. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Rotala sp. Spikey is adaptable to various water parameters, making it suitable for a range of aquarium setups.
4. Planting: Plant cuttings of Rotala sp. Spikey in the substrate, allowing enough space between stems for lateral growth. Its fine, spikey leaves create a visually appealing texture, making it suitable for midground and background placement in aquascapes.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning is essential to control the height and density of Rotala sp. Spikey. Trimming the tops helps encourage lateral branching, resulting in a more bushy and attractive appearance.
6. Propagation: Propagating Rotala sp. Spikey is achieved through cuttings from healthy stems. Plant the cuttings in the substrate, ensuring they are securely anchored for successful rooting and subsequent growth.
7. Aquascape Compatibility: With its graceful, spikey foliage, Rotala sp. Spikey adds a touch of elegance to various aquascaping styles. It can be used to create soft, textured backgrounds or as a captivating midground accent.
8. Substrate and Planting Depth: Plant cuttings in a nutrient-rich substrate that provides essential elements for growth. Ensure the substrate allows for secure anchoring and supports the development of a healthy root system.
Rotala sp. Spikey stands out as a graceful accent in aquascaping, offering a unique blend of delicacy and visual interest. Its fine, spikey leaves create a captivating texture, making it a valuable addition to planted aquariums. With proper care and attention to lighting and nutrient requirements, Rotala sp. Spikey transforms aquariums into aesthetically pleasing aquatic landscapes, adding a touch of sophistication to the underwater environment.