Crepidomanes Malabaricum - SS Pad (5x5 CM)
Common Name: Crepidomanes Malabaricum
Plant Use: Driftwood/Rock
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Crepidomanes malabaricum, often referred to as the Malabar Fern, is an extraordinary and unique aquatic fern renowned for its intricate beauty. Belonging to the family Hymenophyllaceae, this fern is native to regions of Southeast Asia, including the Malabar coast of India. It is characterized by its delicate, finely dissected fronds that create an ethereal and lace-like appearance. The intricate structure of Crepidomanes malabaricum sets it apart, making it a sought-after choice among enthusiasts of aquatic plants.
This fern's remarkable visual appeal and distinctive morphology make it a captivating addition to planted aquariums.
- Scientific Name: Crepidomanes malabaricum
- Family: Hymenophyllaceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia (Malabar coast of India)
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 68-78°F (20-26°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Spores
1. Lighting: Crepidomanes malabaricum thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. Adequate light is crucial to support its growth and maintain its delicate appearance.
2. Substrate: Plant the fern in a well-aerated substrate with good water retention. The substrate should provide a stable base for the rhizome, allowing the delicate roots to anchor securely.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Crepidomanes malabaricum has low to medium CO2 requirements. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, supplementing with a balanced liquid fertilizer containing essential nutrients can contribute to its overall health.
4. Pruning: Pruning is generally minimal for Crepidomanes malabaricum. Trim any yellowing or damaged fronds as needed, but avoid excessive pruning to maintain the plant's unique appearance.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 68-78°F (20-26°C), a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Crepidomanes malabaricum is well-suited for midground or background placement. Its intricate fronds can be strategically positioned to create a visually stunning focal point in the aquarium.
7. Propagation: Propagate Crepidomanes malabaricum through spores. Spores are produced on the undersides of the fronds and can be collected for propagation. Creating a suitable environment for spore germination is crucial for successful reproduction.
8. Challenges: Crepidomanes malabaricum may be challenging for beginners due to its specific care requirements. Maintaining stable conditions, including lighting, water parameters, and nutrient levels, is essential for its well-being.
Crepidomanes malabaricum is a botanical gem that elevates the aesthetic appeal of planted aquariums. Its delicate fronds and unique structure create a captivating underwater display, making it a favored choice among aquarists with an appreciation for the extraordinary beauty found in nature.