Anubias Barteri 'Coin Leaf' (Small Size) - POT
Common Name: Anubias Coin Leaf
Plant Use: Driftwood/Rock
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Anubias Barteri 'Coin Leaf' is a distinctive and hardy aquatic plant appreciated for its unique leaf shape, resembling a coin or a round disc. As a variant of the Anubias Barteri species, this plant hails from West Africa and belongs to the Araceae family. The 'Coin Leaf' variant is known for its robust and broad leaves, creating an eye-catching display in freshwater aquariums. The dark green coloration of the leaves adds depth and contrast to the aquarium environment, making it a favored choice for aquascapers seeking a resilient and visually appealing plant.
The coin-shaped leaves of this Anubias variant provide a different texture compared to other species, adding variety to the overall aesthetic of the aquarium. Its adaptability to various water conditions and slow growth rate make it suitable for both beginners and experienced hobbyists.
- Scientific Name: Anubias barteri 'Coin Leaf'
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: West Africa
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Rhizome division, cuttings
1. Lighting: Anubias Barteri 'Coin Leaf' is well-suited to low to medium lighting conditions. It thrives in setups with subdued lighting, making it suitable for various aquarium environments.
2. Substrate: Attach the plant to aquarium decorations or substrate using its rhizome. Unlike many other plants, 'Coin Leaf' prefers not to be planted directly into the substrate. Use smooth rocks, driftwood, or other decorations for attachment.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: This Anubias variant has low CO2 requirements and can absorb nutrients from the water and substrate. While it's not particularly demanding, occasional supplementation with liquid fertilizers containing essential nutrients can be beneficial.
4. Pruning: Minimal pruning is needed for Anubias Barteri 'Coin Leaf.' Remove any yellowing or damaged leaves, and trim back excessive growth if necessary. Be careful not to bury the rhizome in the substrate.
5. Placement: 'Coin Leaf' is versatile and can be used as a midground or background plant, attached to hardscape elements like driftwood or rocks. Ensure that the rhizome is exposed to prevent rotting.
6. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C) and a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5.
7. Propagation: Propagate Anubias Barteri 'Coin Leaf' through rhizome division or by taking cuttings. Ensure that each section has a portion of the rhizome, and attach it to the substrate or decor.
Anubias Barteri 'Coin Leaf' offers a captivating and hardy addition to aquariums, providing a unique leaf shape and texture. Its adaptability and ease of care make it a versatile choice for aquarists aiming to enhance the aesthetics of their aquatic setups.
- Plant Use
- Difficulty Level
- Light Demand
- Co2 Demand
- Fertilizer Demand
- Packing Type