Nymphoides Taiwan - LOOSE
Common Name: Nymphoides Taiwan
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Nymphoides Taiwan, also known as Taiwan Lily, is a charming aquatic plant celebrated for its delicate lily-like leaves and bright yellow flowers. Belonging to the Menyanthaceae family, this species is native to Taiwan. Its unique leaf structure and vibrant blooms make it a popular choice among aquarists and pond enthusiasts alike, adding a touch of elegance to freshwater environments.
- Scientific Name: Nymphoides Taiwan
- Family: Menyanthaceae
- Origin: Taiwan
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Runners, Rhizome Division
1. Lighting: Nymphoides Taiwan thrives in medium to high lighting conditions. Adequate light encourages healthy growth and promotes flowering.
2. Substrate: Plant the rhizome in a nutrient-rich substrate. While it can absorb nutrients through its roots, a substrate with added nutrients supports its overall development.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: The plant can benefit from a low to medium CO2 injection. Regular fertilization with a comprehensive liquid fertilizer helps maintain nutrient levels in the water.
4. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. The plant can adapt to varying water hardness levels.
5. Placement: Nymphoides Taiwan is often used as a midground or background plant in aquariums or along the edges of ponds. Allow ample space for the leaves to spread out.
6. Propagation: The plant propagates through runners and rhizome division. Runners extend from the main plant, and once they have developed roots, they can be separated and replanted. Rhizome segments with roots can also be divided and replanted.
7. Flowering: Nymphoides Taiwan produces charming yellow flowers that resemble miniature water lilies. The flowers rise above the water's surface, creating a visually appealing display.
8. Dormancy: In favorable conditions, the plant remains active throughout the year. However, it may go dormant in less optimal conditions, with the leaves retracting. With improved conditions, new growth resumes.
Nymphoides Taiwan brings a touch of sophistication to aquatic setups with its graceful leaves and vibrant flowers. While it requires some attention to lighting and nutrient levels, the effort is rewarded with a stunning and picturesque addition to freshwater environments.