MOSS: Monosolenium Tenerum (Pelia) - SS Pad (5x5 CM)
Common Name: Pelia
Plant Use: Driftwood/Rock
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Monosolenium Tenerum, commonly known as Pellia Moss or Liverwort, is a charming aquatic plant valued for its compact size and serene appearance. This liverwort belongs to the family Monosoleniaceae and is appreciated for its moss-like growth pattern, creating a carpeting effect in aquariums. Originating from Asia, Monosolenium Tenerum is a popular choice among aquascapers for adding a touch of tranquility and natural beauty to aquatic environments.
- Scientific Name: Monosolenium Tenerum
- Family: Monosoleniaceae
- Origin: Asia
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low
- Temperature Range: 59-77°F (15-25°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Division
1. Lighting: Monosolenium Tenerum thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. It can adapt to lower light levels but benefits from moderate light for more vibrant growth.
2. Substrate: This liverwort can be attached to various surfaces such as rocks, driftwood, or mesh pads. While it doesn't require nutrient-rich substrate, it benefits from water column fertilization.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Monosolenium Tenerum is undemanding when it comes to CO2 and nutrient levels. It can flourish in setups with low to moderate CO2 supplementation and standard aquarium fertilization.
4. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 59-77°F (15-25°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. It can adapt to various water hardness levels.
5. Placement: Ideal for foreground or midground placement, Monosolenium Tenerum forms a dense and compact carpet. Its low growth habit makes it suitable for creating a tranquil and natural-looking aquatic landscape.
6. Propagation: Propagate through division. Simply cut a portion of the liverwort and attach it to a new surface. Over time, it will spread and form a lush carpet.
7. Challenges: Monosolenium Tenerum is generally hardy but may be sensitive to sudden changes in water conditions. Providing stable parameters and ensuring adequate lighting will promote healthy growth.
Monosolenium Tenerum is a delightful addition to aquariums, bringing a sense of calmness and natural beauty. Whether used to create a mossy carpet or to add texture to hardscape elements, this petite liverwort adds a touch of tranquility to aquatic environments. With its ease of care and adaptability, Monosolenium Tenerum is a fantastic choice for both beginners and experienced aquascapers alike.