MOSS: Fissidens Crispulus - On Rock
Common Name: Mini Fissidens
Plant Use: Driftwood/Rock
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Fissidens Crispulus, commonly known as Crispulus Moss, is an elegant and fine-textured aquatic moss that adds a touch of delicate greenery to aquariums. This moss belongs to the Fissidentaceae family and is appreciated for its intricate and feathery appearance. Originating from Asia, Fissidens Crispulus is a popular choice among aquascapers and aquarium enthusiasts for creating lush, moss-covered landscapes and providing hiding spots for small aquatic creatures.
- Scientific Name: Fissidens Crispulus
- Family: Fissidentaceae
- Origin: Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 59-77°F (15-25°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Fragmentation, Division
1. Lighting: Fissidens Crispulus thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. While it can adapt to lower light levels, providing moderate light encourages more compact and lush growth.
2. Substrate: This moss can be attached to various surfaces such as rocks, driftwood, or mesh pads. It doesn't require nutrient-rich substrate, as it primarily absorbs nutrients from the water column.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: While not a high-demanding moss, providing a low to medium level of CO2 can enhance its growth. Fertilization can be done with a balanced liquid fertilizer or by adding nutrients to the water.
4. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 59-77°F (15-25°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Fissidens Crispulus can adapt to various water hardness levels.
5. Placement: Ideal for creating moss carpets or attaching to hardscape elements, Fissidens Crispulus is versatile in its placement. Its feathery and branching structure makes it suitable for creating intricate and natural-looking scapes.
6. Propagation: Propagate through fragmentation and division. Simply cut a portion of the moss and attach it to a new surface. Over time, it will grow and form a lush carpet.
7. Challenges: Fissidens Crispulus is generally hardy, but it may be sensitive to sudden changes in water conditions. Ensuring stable parameters and providing adequate lighting and nutrients will promote healthy growth.
Fissidens Crispulus is a captivating moss variety that enhances the aesthetics of aquariums with its fine and graceful appearance. Whether used as a foreground carpet or as a textured backdrop, this moss adds a layer of natural beauty to aquascapes. With its moderate care requirements, Fissidens Crispulus is a great choice for aquarists looking to incorporate the beauty of moss into their underwater landscapes.