Microsorum Pteropus "Trident" - On Rock
Common Name: Java Fern Trident
Plant Use: Driftwood/Rock
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Microsorum Pteropus "Trident," commonly known as Trident Java Fern, is a unique and visually striking variant of the classic Java Fern. Belonging to the Polypodiaceae family, this fern is admired for its distinctive trident-shaped leaves, which set it apart in the world of aquatic plants. Originating from Southeast Asia, Trident Java Fern is a popular choice among aquascapers and aquarium enthusiasts for its eye-catching appearance and versatility in aquarium layouts.
- Scientific Name: Microsorum Pteropus "Trident"
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Rhizome Division, Adventitious Plantlets
1. Lighting: Trident Java Fern thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. It can adapt to various light intensities, making it suitable for aquariums with different lighting setups.
2. Substrate: Similar to other Java Fern varieties, Trident Java Fern is often attached to driftwood, rocks, or other decor items. The rhizome should not be buried in the substrate.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: This fern is undemanding when it comes to CO2 and nutrient levels. It can flourish without additional CO2 supplementation, and nutrient requirements are minimal.
4. Pruning: Trim damaged or yellowing leaves close to the rhizome. Trident Java Fern has a slow growth rate, so pruning requirements are generally minimal.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. It can adapt to various water hardness levels.
6. Placement: Ideal for midground or background placement, Trident Java Fern adds a unique and attractive texture to aquascapes. The trident-shaped leaves create a captivating visual impact.
7. Propagation: Propagate through rhizome division or adventitious plantlets. As the plant matures, new plantlets develop along the edges of the leaves, which can be carefully detached and planted.
8. Challenges: Trident Java Fern shares the hardiness and adaptability of other Java Fern varieties, making it well-suited for both beginner and experienced aquarists.
Microsorum Pteropus "Trident" is an excellent choice for aquarists looking to introduce a distinctive and visually appealing fern into their aquariums. With its unique leaf structure and ease of care, Trident Java Fern adds a touch of elegance and individuality to aquatic landscapes. Whether used as a focal point or as part of a lush green arrangement, this fern variant contributes to the overall beauty of the aquarium.