Bolbitis Heteroclita - SS Pad (5x5 CM)
Common Name: Ordinary Bolbitis
Plant Use: Driftwood/Rock
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Bolbitis Heteroclita, commonly known as Creeping Fern or African Water Fern, is an exquisite aquatic fern that enchants aquariums with its intricate and artistic appearance. Belonging to the family Lomariopsidaceae, this fern is native to Africa and Madagascar. Unlike traditional ferns, Bolbitis Heteroclita features long, narrow, and highly segmented leaves that create a feathery and delicate aesthetic. Its unique morphology makes it a captivating choice for aquascapers aiming to introduce a touch of elegance to freshwater tanks.
This fern's distinctive form and slow growth rate make it a favored selection for creating captivating underwater landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Bolbitis Heteroclita
- Family: Lomariopsidaceae
- Origin: Africa, Madagascar
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Rhizome division, spores
1. Lighting: Bolbitis Heteroclita thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. While it can adapt to lower light levels, providing sufficient light enhances its growth and maintains its vibrant green color.
2. Substrate: Plant Bolbitis Heteroclita on driftwood, rocks, or other hardscape elements. The rhizome should be attached, and the roots left free. Avoid burying the rhizome in the substrate to prevent rot.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Bolbitis Heteroclita has low to medium CO2 requirements. While it can derive nutrients from the water, occasional supplementation with liquid fertilizers containing essential nutrients is beneficial.
4. Pruning: Minimal pruning is required for Bolbitis Heteroclita. Remove any yellowing or damaged leaves as needed. Ensure that the rhizome is exposed to prevent rot.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Bolbitis Heteroclita is well-suited as a midground or background plant. Attach it to hardscape elements to create a stunning focal point in the aquarium. The feathery leaves add a unique texture to the aquascape.
7. Propagation: Propagate Bolbitis Heteroclita through rhizome division. Cut sections of the rhizome with healthy leaves and attach them to hardscape elements. Bolbitis Heteroclita can also reproduce through spores, although this method is less common.
8. Challenges: Bolbitis Heteroclita requires specific care, and it may be challenging for beginners. Ensuring stable tank conditions, proper lighting, and nutrient supplementation are crucial for its well-being.
Bolbitis Heteroclita stands as a living artwork in the aquarium, showcasing the delicate beauty of ferns. Its unique leaf structure and slow, deliberate growth contribute to the creation of stunning aquascapes that captivate the eyes of aquarists seeking a touch of botanical artistry in their underwater worlds.