Rotala Wallichii - Bulk Pack of 100
Common Name: Red Wallichii
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Rotala Wallichii, often referred to as "Whorly Rotala" or simply "Rotala W," is a captivating aquatic plant known for its delicate appearance and vibrant coloration. This species belongs to the Lythraceae family and is native to Southeast Asia. With its fine, feathery leaves arranged in whorls along the stem, Rotala Wallichii adds a touch of elegance to freshwater aquariums. The plant's hues can range from green to pinkish-red, depending on the tank conditions.
- Scientific Name: Rotala Wallichii
- Family: Lythraceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to High
- Lighting Requirements: High
- CO2 Requirement: High
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 5.5-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Lighting: Rotala Wallichii thrives under high lighting conditions. Providing ample light encourages vibrant coloration and robust growth. LED lights with a spectrum conducive to plant growth are recommended.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: For optimal growth and color development, supplement with high levels of CO2 and provide a nutrient-rich environment. Regular dosing of a complete fertilizer helps meet the plant's nutritional needs.
3. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 5.5-7.5. Rotala Wallichii appreciates soft to moderately hard water.
4. Planting: Plant individual stems of Rotala Wallichii in the substrate, ensuring each stem is securely anchored. Proper spacing between stems allows for better light penetration and helps prevent shading.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning is necessary to maintain the desired shape and prevent overcrowding. Trim the tops of the stems to encourage lateral branching and create a bushier appearance.
6. Propagation: Rotala Wallichii can be propagated through stem cuttings. Simply cut a healthy stem and replant it in the substrate. The plant readily roots and continues to grow, contributing to a lush aquarium.
7. Aquascape Compatibility: Due to its fine texture and vibrant coloration, Rotala Wallichii is a versatile choice for aquascaping. It works well as a background or midground plant, providing an attractive contrast to other aquatic species.
8. Substrate and Planting Depth: Plant Rotala Wallichii in a nutrient-rich substrate that supports its growth. Ensure the planting depth allows for the stems to be securely anchored while permitting the development of a healthy root system.
9. Emersed Growth: Rotala Wallichii can also be grown emersed in paludariums or ripariums, showcasing its adaptability to different aquatic environments.
Rotala Wallichii stands out as an exquisite addition to planted aquariums, contributing both visual appeal and a sense of delicacy to underwater landscapes. With its unique whorled arrangement of leaves and the potential for intense coloration, this species offers aquarists the opportunity to create stunning aquatic displays that showcase the beauty of live aquatic plants.