Lagenandra Tenkasi - POT
Common Name: Lagenandra Tenkasi
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Lagenandra Tenkasi is a captivating aquatic plant known for its unique appearance and distinctive characteristics. This plant belongs to the Araceae family and is native to the lush landscapes of Tenkasi in Tamil Nadu, India. It features elongated, lance-shaped leaves that exhibit varying shades of green and red, creating a visually appealing contrast. Lagenandra Tenkasi is prized for its aesthetic value and has become a sought-after choice for aquascapers looking to introduce a touch of the exotic to their underwater landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Lagenandra Tenkasi
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: Tenkasi, Tamil Nadu, India
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Rhizome Division
1. Lighting: Lagenandra Tenkasi thrives in medium to high lighting conditions. Providing ample light is crucial for maintaining its vibrant coloration and promoting robust growth.
2. Substrate: Plant in a nutrient-rich substrate to support healthy growth. Use a substrate supplemented with root tabs or a nutrient-rich base to fulfill the plant's nutritional requirements.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant benefits from a medium to high level of CO2 supplementation. Regular dosing of a comprehensive liquid fertilizer, especially one containing iron, supports both coloration and growth.
4. Pruning: Pruning is minimal for Lagenandra Tenkasi. Remove any yellow or damaged leaves to maintain its aesthetic appeal. Trimming can help control the plant's size and shape if necessary.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Lagenandra Tenkasi is suitable for midground to background placement in aquariums. Its elongated leaves create a dynamic and visually striking effect, making it an ideal focal point in aquascapes.
7. Propagation: Propagate through rhizome division. Carefully separate the rhizome and plant the divisions in the substrate. Ensure each division has both roots and leaves for successful propagation.
8. Challenges: Considered moderate to advanced in terms of care, Lagenandra Tenkasi requires attention to lighting, CO2 levels, and nutrient supplementation. With proper care, it rewards aquarists with a stunning and unique aquatic display.
Lagenandra Tenkasi brings a piece of the enchanting landscapes of Tenkasi to aquariums worldwide. Its distinct appearance and vibrant colors make it a captivating choice for aquascapers seeking an exotic and visually appealing plant to enhance their underwater creations.