Syngonanthus Sp. 'Lago Grande' - Bulk Pack of 100 Nos
Common Name: Tonina Uaupes
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Staurogyne Zeylanica, belonging to the Acanthaceae family, is a robust and visually appealing aquatic plant that has gained popularity in the aquascaping community. Native to Sri Lanka, this species is known for its striking green foliage and adaptability to varying aquarium conditions. With its hardy nature and attractive appearance, Staurogyne Zeylanica is a valuable addition to freshwater aquariums, bringing lush greenery and depth to aquatic landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Staurogyne Zeylanica
- Common Name: Sri Lanka Staurogyne
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Moderate to High
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Moderate
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings, side shoots
1. Leaf Structure: Staurogyne Zeylanica is characterized by its lanceolate leaves that grow in opposite pairs along the stems. The leaves have a vibrant green color and a slightly serrated edge, adding texture and visual interest to aquarium setups.
2. Lighting: Providing moderate to high lighting is ideal for Staurogyne Zeylanica to support its lush growth and maintain vibrant green foliage. Adequate light encourages compact growth and enhances the plant's overall appearance.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: While Staurogyne Zeylanica can thrive in aquariums with low to moderate CO2 levels, supplementing with CO2 can promote more robust growth. A nutrient-rich substrate and regular fertilization contribute to healthy development and intensify the plant's coloration.
4. Water Parameters: Maintaining a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C) and a pH between 6.0-7.5 is suitable for Staurogyne Zeylanica. It adapts well to varying water hardness levels, making it adaptable to different aquarium conditions.
5. Propagation: Propagating Staurogyne Zeylanica is straightforward and can be achieved through cuttings or by planting side shoots. Trimmed stems can be replanted in the substrate, where they will root and develop into independent plants.
6. Versatility: Staurogyne Zeylanica's versatility makes it suitable for various aquascaping designs. It can be used as a midground or background plant to create a dense, bushy appearance, adding depth and structure to the aquarium layout.
7. Ideal for Dutch Style Aquariums: With its upright growth and vibrant green coloration, Staurogyne Zeylanica is well-suited for Dutch-style aquariums. Planted in groups, it contributes to the vertical and lush appearance characteristic of this aquascaping style.
8. Maintenance: Staurogyne Zeylanica is relatively low-maintenance but benefits from regular pruning to control height and promote lateral growth. Removing any yellowing or decaying leaves helps maintain its tidy and vibrant appearance.
9. Hardy and Resilient: Known for its hardiness, Staurogyne Zeylanica is suitable for both beginner and experienced aquarists. Its ability to adapt to varying water conditions and resist common aquarium pests makes it a reliable choice for diverse aquarium setups.
10. Underwater Foliage: Staurogyne Zeylanica maintains its vibrant green coloration underwater, providing a continuous display of healthy and attractive foliage. Its ability to adapt to submerged conditions makes it a valuable and enduring plant in aquariums.
Staurogyne Zeylanica is an excellent choice for aquascapers looking to create vibrant and lush underwater landscapes. Its robust growth, striking green foliage, and adaptability make it a versatile plant that can thrive in a range of aquarium setups, adding natural beauty to freshwater tanks.