Microsorum Pteropus "Windelov" - POT
Common Name: Staghorn Fern
Plant Use: Driftwood/Rock
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Microsorum Pteropus "Windelov," commonly known as Windelov Java Fern or Lace Java Fern, is a captivating and ornamental variant of the classic Java Fern. This fern, belonging to the Polypodiaceae family, is celebrated for its intricately lobed and lacy leaf structure. Originating from Southeast Asia, Windelov Java Fern has become a favored choice among aquarists for its artistic appearance and the delicate beauty it brings to aquarium landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Microsorum Pteropus "Windelov"
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Rhizome Division, Adventitious Plantlets
1. Lighting: Windelov Java Fern flourishes in low to medium lighting conditions. It adapts well to various light intensities, making it suitable for aquariums with different lighting setups.
2. Substrate: Typically attached to driftwood, rocks, or decor items, Windelov Java Fern's rhizome should not be buried in the substrate. Its delicate and lacy leaves create an appealing contrast against different surfaces.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Windelov Java Fern is undemanding when it comes to CO2 and nutrient levels. It can thrive without additional CO2 supplementation, and its nutrient requirements are minimal.
4. Pruning: Trim damaged or yellowing leaves close to the rhizome. With a slow growth rate, Windelov Java Fern requires minimal pruning, allowing aquarists to enjoy its intricate foliage with ease.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. It can adapt to various water hardness levels.
6. Placement: Ideal for midground or background placement, Windelov Java Fern adds an artistic touch to aquascapes. The intricate lace-like leaves create a visually appealing and unique focal point.
7. Propagation: Propagate through rhizome division or adventitious plantlets. The plantlets, forming along the edges of the leaves, can be carefully detached and planted as new individuals.
8. Challenges: Windelov Java Fern shares the hardiness and adaptability of other Java Fern varieties, making it a suitable choice for both beginners and experienced aquarists.
Microsorum Pteropus "Windelov" stands out in the aquarium hobby for its artistic and decorative qualities. The intricate patterns of its leaves add a touch of sophistication to aquascapes, making it a sought-after choice for those looking to enhance the visual appeal of their underwater environments. Whether used as a statement piece or as part of a lush green composition, Windelov Java Fern elevates the aesthetics of aquariums with its graceful and lace-like foliage.