Echinodorus 'Joyo Red' - POT
Common Name: Echinodorus Joyo Red
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Echinodorus 'Joyo Red' is a captivating and vibrant variant of the Sword Plant, prized for its stunning red hues that bring a bold splash of color to freshwater aquariums. As a member of the Echinodorus genus within the Alismataceae family, this aquatic plant is known for its decorative and lush appearance. 'Joyo Red' stands out with its broad leaves that showcase shades of red, adding a focal point of intensity to aquariums. With its impressive coloration and adaptable nature, this plant is a favored choice for aquarists seeking to infuse a dynamic and eye-catching element into their underwater landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Echinodorus 'Joyo Red'
- Family: Alismataceae
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Adventitious plantlets, division
1. Lighting: Echinodorus 'Joyo Red' thrives in medium to high lighting conditions. Providing ample light is crucial for maintaining the intensity of its red coloration and promoting robust growth.
2. Substrate: Plant the Echinodorus in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients or the use of root tabs contributes to overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Echinodorus 'Joyo Red' benefits from medium to high levels of CO2 supplementation. Additionally, a comprehensive liquid fertilizer provides essential nutrients for optimal growth and vibrant red coloration.
4. Pruning: Pruning involves removing any yellowing or damaged leaves as needed to maintain the plant's appearance. Regular pruning encourages new growth and ensures a healthy and vibrant display.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Echinodorus 'Joyo Red' is well-suited for midground or background placement in aquariums. Its striking red color makes it a focal point in aquascapes, creating visual interest and contrast.
7. Propagation: Propagate Echinodorus 'Joyo Red' through adventitious plantlets that develop on the flower stalks. Alternatively, division of the rhizome can be employed to create new plants.
8. Challenges: Echinodorus 'Joyo Red' is considered moderately demanding. Providing the necessary lighting, CO2, and nutrient levels will contribute to its successful growth and maintain vibrant red coloration.
Echinodorus 'Joyo Red' adds a radiant and dynamic element to aquariums, creating a captivating focal point with its intense red hues. Whether used to complement a larger aquascape or as a standalone centerpiece, this Sword Plant variant elevates the visual appeal of freshwater tanks with its vibrant and striking presence.