Cryptocoryne Axelrodi - POT - Bulk Pack of 10 POTS
Common Name: Crypt Axelrodi
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Cryptocoryne axelrodi, commonly known as Axelrod's Crypt or Red Cryptocoryne, is a captivating species within the Cryptocoryne genus renowned for its distinctive appearance and vibrant coloration. Belonging to the family Araceae, this aquatic plant is native to Sri Lanka. It features broad, lance-shaped leaves that showcase varying shades of red, making it a sought-after choice for planted aquariums. The leaves may exhibit a spectrum of hues, from deep burgundy to vibrant red, adding a touch of elegance and warmth to aquatic landscapes. Cryptocoryne axelrodi is prized for its ornamental value and the striking contrast it provides against green aquatic flora.
This Cryptocoryne species is known for its adaptability and is favored by aquarists seeking a splash of rich color in their underwater gardens.
- Scientific Name: Cryptocoryne axelrodi
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Rhizome division
1. Lighting: Cryptocoryne axelrodi thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. While it can adapt to lower light levels, providing moderate light enhances its growth and coloration.
2. Substrate: Plant the Crypt in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. Cryptocoryne axelrodi benefits from a substrate containing essential nutrients, and additional root tabs can be added for optimal growth.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: This Cryptocoryne species has low to medium CO2 requirements. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, supplementing with a balanced liquid fertilizer can contribute to its overall health.
4. Pruning: Pruning is generally minimal for Cryptocoryne axelrodi. Remove any yellowing or damaged leaves as needed. The plant may undergo changes in leaf coloration as it acclimates to new conditions.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Cryptocoryne axelrodi is suitable for midground to background placement in aquariums. Its broad leaves create a visually striking effect and can be used to add depth and color contrast to the aquascape.
7. Propagation: Propagate Cryptocoryne axelrodi through rhizome division. As the plant matures, it produces daughter plants connected to the main rhizome. Carefully separate these daughter plants and replant them to propagate the Crypt.
8. Challenges: Cryptocoryne axelrodi is generally hardy, but it may undergo a transition period when introduced to a new environment. Ensure stable tank conditions and be patient as the plant adapts and establishes itself.
Cryptocoryne axelrodi stands out as a gem in the aquarium hobby, adding a splash of rich red tones to underwater landscapes. Its distinctive coloration, ease of care, and adaptability make it a prized choice for aquarists looking to infuse their tanks with elegance and vibrancy.