Cryptocoryne Lucens - POT - Bulk Pack of 10 POTS
Common Name: Crypt Lucens
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Cryptocoryne lucens, often referred to as Lucens Crypt, is a popular aquatic plant celebrated for its lush green foliage and versatility in planted aquariums. As a member of the Cryptocoryne genus within the family Araceae, this plant is native to Sri Lanka and other parts of Southeast Asia. It features elongated, lance-shaped leaves that form dense clusters, creating a vibrant and verdant tapestry in aquariums. Cryptocoryne lucens is known for its adaptability and ease of care, making it an excellent choice for both beginners and experienced aquarists.
This Cryptocoryne species adds a touch of natural beauty and a sense of tranquility to freshwater tanks, making it a favored component of aquascapes.
- Scientific Name: Cryptocoryne lucens
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: Sri Lanka, Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Rhizome division
1. Lighting: Cryptocoryne lucens thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. It can adapt to varying light levels, making it suitable for aquariums with different lighting setups.
2. Substrate: Plant the Cryptocoryne in a nutrient-rich substrate to meet its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients supports its growth, and root tabs can be added to enhance its overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Cryptocoryne lucens has low to medium CO2 requirements. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, supplementing with a balanced liquid fertilizer ensures optimal growth and coloration.
4. Pruning: Pruning is generally minimal for Cryptocoryne lucens. Remove any yellowing or damaged leaves as needed. The plant may experience a brief transition period when introduced to a new environment.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Cryptocoryne lucens is versatile and can be used as a midground or background plant in aquariums. Its dense clusters of green leaves create a visually appealing backdrop, adding depth to the aquascape.
7. Propagation: Propagate Cryptocoryne lucens through rhizome division. As the plant matures, it produces daughter plants connected to the main rhizome. Gently separate these daughter plants and replant them to propagate the Crypt.
8. Challenges: Cryptocoryne lucens is considered a hardy plant, and challenges are minimal. A stable tank environment, including consistent lighting and nutrient levels, contributes to its well-being.
Cryptocoryne lucens brings a sense of tranquility and natural beauty to aquariums with its lush greenery. Whether used as a focal point or as part of a larger aquascape, this Cryptocoryne species adds a touch of elegance to freshwater tanks, creating a harmonious and inviting underwater environment.