Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Brown' - POT
Common Name: Crypt Wendtii Brown
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown' is a captivating variant of the Wendtii Crypt, admired for its rich and deep brown coloration that adds a warm and earthy tone to freshwater aquariums. As a member of the Cryptocoryne genus within the family Araceae, this plant hails from Sri Lanka. The 'Brown' variety is characterized by its broad and slightly ruffled leaves, creating a visually striking contrast in planted tank setups. Known for its adaptability and aesthetic appeal, Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown' is a popular choice for aquarists seeking a distinctive and colorful addition to their aquatic landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown'
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Runner, division
1. Lighting: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown' thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. Providing moderate light enhances its growth and intensifies the rich brown coloration.
2. Substrate: Plant the Cryptocoryne in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients is beneficial, and root tabs can be added to enhance overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown' has low to medium CO2 requirements. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, supplementing with a balanced liquid fertilizer ensures optimal growth and coloration.
4. Pruning: Pruning is generally minimal for Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown.' Remove any yellowing or damaged leaves as needed. As the plant forms runners, new plantlets will develop, contributing to its natural propagation.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown' is versatile in placement and can be used as a midground or background plant in aquariums. Its broad, brown leaves create a warm and visually appealing focal point in the aquascape.
7. Propagation: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown' propagates through the formation of runners. As the plant establishes itself, runners with new plantlets emerge from the base. These can be gently separated and replanted to expand the Crypt population.
8. Challenges: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown' is generally considered a hardy plant. Providing stable tank conditions, including lighting and substrate, will contribute to its successful growth. It may undergo a brief transition period when introduced to a new environment.
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown' adds a touch of warmth and sophistication to aquariums with its deep brown foliage. Its adaptability and striking color make it an excellent choice for aquarists looking to introduce a distinctive and visually appealing plant to their freshwater tanks.