Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Green'- GroWoW! Cup Series
Common Name: Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' is a delightful variant of the Wendtii Crypt, celebrated for its lush green foliage that brings a refreshing and vibrant aesthetic to freshwater aquariums. As a member of the Cryptocoryne genus within the family Araceae, this plant originates from Sri Lanka. The 'Green' variety is characterized by its broad and slightly ruffled leaves, creating an inviting and natural look in planted tank setups. Known for its versatility and ease of care, Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' is a popular choice for aquarists seeking a classic and visually appealing addition to their aquatic landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green'
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Runner, division
1. Lighting: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. Adequate light promotes healthy growth and maintains the lush green coloration of the leaves.
2. Substrate: Plant the Cryptocoryne in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients is beneficial, and root tabs can be added to enhance overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' has low to medium CO2 requirements. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, supplementing with a balanced liquid fertilizer ensures optimal growth and coloration.
4. Pruning: Pruning is generally minimal for Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green.' Remove any yellowing or damaged leaves as needed. As the plant forms runners, new plantlets will develop, contributing to its natural propagation.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' is versatile in placement and can be used as a midground or background plant in aquariums. Its broad, green leaves create a lush and inviting atmosphere in the aquascape.
7. Propagation: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' propagates through the formation of runners. As the plant establishes itself, runners with new plantlets emerge from the base. These can be gently separated and replanted to expand the Crypt population.
8. Challenges: Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' is generally considered a hardy plant. Providing stable tank conditions, including lighting and substrate, will contribute to its successful growth. It may undergo a brief transition period when introduced to a new environment.
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' stands as a classic and timeless choice for aquarium enthusiasts. Its vibrant green foliage adds a touch of nature's beauty to freshwater tanks, making it an excellent option for those looking to create an inviting and visually appealing aquatic environment.