Rotala var. 'Blood Red' (Submersed) - POT
Common Name: Rotala 'Blood Red'
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Rotala var. 'Blood Red' is a striking and sought-after aquatic plant known for its vibrant red hues, making it a captivating addition to freshwater aquariums. Belonging to the Lythraceae family, this Rotala variant is renowned for its lush, feathery foliage that adds a bold splash of color to aquascapes. The intense red tones intensify under proper lighting conditions, creating a visually stunning and dynamic display in planted tanks.
- Scientific Name: Rotala var. 'Blood Red'
- Family: Lythraceae
- Origin: Cultivated variant, likely from Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
Growing Information: 1. Lighting: Adequate lighting is crucial for the vibrant red coloration of Rotala var. 'Blood Red.' Providing medium to high light levels ensures the plant receives the energy needed for robust growth and intense pigmentation.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: To maximize the plant's potential, supply moderate to high levels of CO2 and maintain a nutrient-rich substrate. A comprehensive fertilization routine supports healthy development and enhances the vivid red coloration.
3. Water Parameters: Keep the temperature in the range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and maintain a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Rotala var. 'Blood Red' is adaptable to various water parameters, contributing to its popularity in diverse aquarium setups.
4. Planting: Plant cuttings of Rotala var. 'Blood Red' in the substrate, allowing sufficient space between stems to encourage lateral growth. The plant's branching structure creates a lush and visually appealing background or midground in aquascapes.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning is essential to control the height and density of Rotala var. 'Blood Red.' Trimming the tops encourages lateral branching and helps maintain the desired shape and color intensity.
6. Propagation: Propagate Rotala var. 'Blood Red' through cuttings obtained from healthy stems. Plant the cuttings in the substrate, ensuring they are securely anchored for successful rooting and subsequent growth.
7. Aquascape Compatibility: With its vibrant red coloration, Rotala var. 'Blood Red' is a versatile choice for various aquascaping styles. It can be used to create focal points, add depth to backgrounds, or provide a bold contrast against greenery in planted aquariums.
8. Substrate and Planting Depth: Plant cuttings in a nutrient-rich substrate that offers essential elements for growth. Ensure the substrate allows for secure anchoring and supports the development of a healthy root system.
Rotala var. 'Blood Red' stands out as a captivating choice for aquarium enthusiasts seeking a plant that adds a burst of color to underwater landscapes. Its intense red hues, coupled with its graceful form, create a visually striking focal point in aquascapes. With proper care and attention to lighting and nutrient requirements, Rotala var. 'Blood Red' transforms aquariums into vibrant and dynamic aquatic displays, elevating the aesthetic appeal of planted tank setups.