Bacopa Salzmanii SG - POT
Common Name: Bacopa Purple
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Bacopa Salzmanii SG, often referred to simply as Bacopa Salzmannii, stands as a captivating aquatic plant cherished for its unique appearance and graceful growth. As a member of the Plantaginaceae family, this species hails from South America, bringing a touch of elegance to freshwater aquariums. Bacopa Salzmanii SG is characterized by its slender stems and pairs of opposite, lance-shaped leaves that can display varying shades of green. The leaves often feature a subtle ripple effect, contributing to the plant's overall aesthetic appeal.
This plant's charming features make it a popular choice for aquascapers aiming to add a touch of sophistication to their underwater landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Bacopa Salzmanii SG
- Family: Plantaginaceae
- Origin: South America
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 64-78°F (18-26°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Lighting: Bacopa Salzmanii SG benefits from medium to high lighting conditions. Providing ample light promotes vibrant growth and enhances the plant's overall appearance.
2. Substrate: Plant Bacopa Salzmanii SG in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. Using root supplements or substrate fertilizers can contribute to robust and healthy growth.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: While Bacopa Salzmanii SG can thrive in low to medium CO2 conditions, supplementing with carbon dioxide can encourage lush growth. Additionally, provide a balanced liquid fertilizer to ensure the plant receives essential nutrients.
4. Pruning: Regular pruning helps maintain the desired shape and encourages lateral growth. Trim the stems just above a leaf node. Pruned cuttings can be replanted, fostering the propagation of new plants.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 64-78°F (18-26°C), a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Bacopa Salzmanii SG is versatile and can be utilized as a midground or background plant. Its slender stems and elegant leaves make it suitable for creating visual interest in various areas of the aquarium.
7. Propagation: Propagate Bacopa Salzmanii SG through cuttings. Trim a healthy stem, remove the lower leaves, and plant the cutting in the substrate. This plant readily roots, allowing for the establishment of new clusters.
With its graceful demeanor and moderate care requirements, Bacopa Salzmanii SG presents aquarists with an opportunity to introduce aquatic elegance to their tank setups. Whether used as a complementary element or a focal point, this South American gem contributes to the overall beauty of planted aquariums.