Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro'
Common Name: Micro Tennelus
Plant Use: Foreground
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro,' a delightful variant of the Pygmy Chain Sword, is a petite aquatic plant celebrated for its compact size and delicate appearance. As a member of the Echinodorus genus within the Alismataceae family, this miniature version is a charming addition to freshwater aquariums. Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro' features slender, grass-like leaves that form a dense carpet, making it an excellent choice for aquarists looking to create intricate and visually appealing foregrounds in their aquascapes. With its diminutive size and undemanding care requirements, it brings a touch of elegance to aquarium landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro'
- Family: Alismataceae
- Origin: Cultivar (bred for aquarium use)
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Runners, division
1. Lighting: Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro' thrives in medium to high lighting conditions. Providing sufficient light is crucial for promoting compact growth and maintaining its vibrant green color.
2. Substrate: Plant the Micro Chain Sword in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients or the use of root tabs contributes to its overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: While 'Micro' can tolerate low CO2 levels, supplementing with a low to medium CO2 injection enhances growth and carpet formation. Regular doses of a balanced liquid fertilizer support its nutrient requirements.
4. Pruning: Trimming any excessive growth and removing dead or yellowing leaves helps maintain a neat appearance. Regular maintenance encourages lateral runners, promoting a denser carpet.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro' is ideal for the foreground of aquariums, where its miniature size creates a carpeting effect. Its low growth habit makes it an excellent choice for achieving a polished and intricate appearance.
7. Propagation: Propagate Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro' through runners that emerge from the parent plant. These runners develop new plantlets, gradually expanding the carpet. Division of mature clumps can also be done to create new plantings.
8. Challenges: Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro' is considered an easy-to-care-for plant, making it suitable for beginners. Ensuring stable tank conditions, including lighting and nutrient levels, contributes to its successful growth.
Echinodorus Tenellus 'Micro' brings a miniature touch of beauty to aquarium landscapes, creating intricate foregrounds that enhance the overall aesthetics of freshwater tanks. Whether featured in nature-inspired aquascapes or as a focal point in smaller tanks, this diminutive Chain Sword adds a subtle yet captivating element to aquatic environments.