Polygonum sp. Pink
Common Name: Polygonum Narrow Leaf
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Polygonum sp. Pink is an elegant aquatic plant known for its delicate pink hues, adding a touch of grace to freshwater aquariums. Belonging to the Polygonaceae family, this species originates from Southeast Asia. The plant is characterized by its slender stems and soft pink coloration, making it a desirable choice for aquarists aiming to introduce subtle and charming tones into their aquascapes. Polygonum sp. Pink creates a serene and visually pleasing underwater landscape.
- Scientific Name: Polygonum sp. Pink
- Family: Polygonaceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Stem Cuttings
1. Lighting: Polygonum sp. Pink thrives in moderate to high lighting conditions. Providing sufficient light is crucial for the plant to exhibit its delicate pink coloration and ensure healthy growth.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: Medium to high levels of CO2 enhance the plant's growth, and regular nutrient supplementation supports its overall health. A nutrient-rich substrate and liquid fertilizers contribute to optimal development.
3. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Polygonum sp. Pink can adapt to various water hardness levels.
4. Planting: Plant individual stems in the substrate, allowing ample space for growth. The slender stems and delicate pink color make Polygonum sp. Pink suitable for midground to background placement in the aquarium.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning helps control the plant's size and shape, preventing overcrowding. Trimming can be done by cutting the upper portions of the stems to encourage lateral branching.
6. Propagation: Polygonum sp. Pink can be propagated through stem cuttings. Cuttings can be replanted in the substrate, where they will develop roots and grow into new plants.
7. Background or Midground Plant: Due to its graceful appearance, Polygonum sp. Pink is often used as a background or midground plant, providing a subtle yet enchanting presence in aquascapes.
8. Visual Elegance: The delicate pink hues of Polygonum sp. Pink bring a sense of elegance to planted aquariums. Its slender form and gentle coloration create a serene and captivating visual impact.
Polygonum sp. Pink is an excellent choice for aquarists seeking a plant that introduces soft and charming pink tones to their aquarium. With proper care and attention to lighting and nutrient requirements, this species can thrive and contribute to the overall beauty of planted tanks.