Echinodorus Tenellus - Bulk Pack of 100 Nos
Common Name: Dwarf Chain Grass
Plant Use: Foreground
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Echinodorus Tenellus, commonly known as Pygmy Chain Sword, is a petite yet impactful aquatic plant valued for its ability to form a lush green carpet in freshwater aquariums. As a member of the Echinodorus genus within the Alismataceae family, this plant is native to North America. Echinodorus Tenellus is characterized by its slender, grass-like leaves and low growth habit, making it an ideal choice for aquarists aiming to create a vibrant foreground in their aquascapes. With its compact size and undemanding care requirements, it adds a touch of natural beauty to aquariums.
- Scientific Name: Echinodorus Tenellus
- Family: Alismataceae
- Origin: North America
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Runners, division
1. Lighting: Echinodorus Tenellus thrives in medium to high lighting conditions. Providing ample light is crucial for promoting compact growth and maintaining its vibrant green color.
2. Substrate: Plant the Pygmy Chain Sword in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients or the use of root tabs contributes to its overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: While Echinodorus Tenellus can tolerate low CO2 levels, supplementing with a low to medium CO2 injection enhances growth and carpet formation. A balanced liquid fertilizer supports its nutrient requirements.
4. Pruning: Trimming any excessive growth and removing dead or yellowing leaves helps maintain a neat appearance. Regular maintenance encourages lateral runners, promoting a denser carpet.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Echinodorus Tenellus is suitable for the foreground of aquariums, creating a carpet-like effect. Its low growth habit makes it an excellent choice for achieving a natural and manicured appearance.
7. Propagation: Propagate Echinodorus Tenellus through runners that emerge from the parent plant. These runners develop new plantlets, and the carpet gradually expands. Division of mature clumps can also be done to create new plantings.
8. Challenges: Echinodorus Tenellus is considered an easy-to-care-for plant, making it suitable for beginners. Ensuring stable tank conditions, including lighting and nutrient levels, contributes to its successful growth.
Echinodorus Tenellus, with its carpeting nature, transforms the foreground of aquariums into a lush and vibrant landscape. Whether creating a nature-inspired aquascape or seeking a visually appealing carpeting plant, the Pygmy Chain Sword adds a touch of freshness and greenery to freshwater tanks, enhancing the overall aesthetics of the aquatic environment.