Staurogyne Repens - POT
Common Name: Staurogyne
Plant Use: Forground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Staurogyne Repens is a popular and versatile aquatic plant known for its low-growing and carpeting habit. Native to the rivers and streams of South America, particularly Brazil, this plant has gained popularity in the aquascaping community for its vibrant green color, compact growth, and adaptability to various aquarium conditions. Whether used as a foreground accent or to create lush carpets, Staurogyne Repens adds a touch of natural beauty to planted aquariums.
- Scientific Name: Staurogyne Repens
- Common Name: S. Repens
- Origin: South America (Brazil)
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Moderate to High
- CO2 Requirement: Moderate
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings, side shoots
1. Leaf Structure: Staurogyne Repens features small, lance-shaped leaves arranged in opposite pairs along its stems. The leaves exhibit a bright green coloration and can develop a reddish tint under high light conditions.
2. Lighting: While Staurogyne Repens can tolerate moderate light, it truly thrives under high light conditions. Providing ample light encourages compact growth and intensifies the plant's vibrant green color.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Moderate CO2 supplementation enhances the growth and vibrancy of Staurogyne Repens. Additionally, a nutrient-rich substrate and regular fertilization with a balanced aquarium fertilizer promote healthy and lush growth.
4. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH (6.0-7.5). This plant is adaptable to a range of water hardness levels.
5. Propagation: Staurogyne Repens can be propagated through cuttings or by planting side shoots. Trimmed stems can be replanted in the substrate, where they will take root and grow into new plants. Regular pruning helps maintain the desired carpeting effect.
6. Carpeting Effect: Staurogyne Repens is prized for its ability to form dense carpet-like mats when planted in the foreground of aquariums. This makes it a popular choice for aquascapers aiming to create lush and visually appealing underwater landscapes.
7. Versatility: Besides its use as a foreground carpet, Staurogyne Repens can be utilized in midground or background positions, providing versatility in aquascape design. It can be combined with other aquatic plants to create captivating and balanced layouts.
8. Maintenance: Routine maintenance involves trimming to control the height and encourage lateral growth. Regular removal of any yellowing or decaying leaves ensures a tidy appearance and promotes the health of the plant.
9. Ideal for Nano Tanks: Due to its compact size and ability to form a dense carpet, Staurogyne Repens is well-suited for nano tanks and small aquariums. It adds visual interest and creates a vibrant foreground in limited spaces.
10. Aesthetic Appeal: The lush, green carpet created by Staurogyne Repens adds a natural and refreshing look to aquariums. Its dense growth provides hiding places for small aquatic inhabitants and contributes to a harmonious aquatic environment.
Staurogyne Repens is a captivating aquatic plant that brings the beauty of a lush carpet to aquariums. Its adaptability, vibrant green color, and ease of propagation make it a favorite among both beginners and experienced aquascapers. Whether used as a foreground accent or a key element in intricate aquascapes, Staurogyne Repens elevates the visual appeal of planted aquariums.