Ammannia Senegalensis - Bulk Pack of 100 Nos
Common Name: High Red Ammannia
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Ammannia senegalensis, also known as Scarlet Ammannia, is a striking aquatic plant celebrated for its rich, red hues and stately appearance. Belonging to the family Lythraceae, this species is native to West Africa, where it thrives in aquatic habitats. Its vibrant colors and upright growth pattern make it a popular choice among aquarists seeking to add a bold and visually appealing element to their planted aquariums.
The leaves of Ammannia senegalensis are lance-shaped and display a spectrum of colors ranging from green to intense shades of red, with the vividness influenced by factors such as lighting, nutrient levels, and water parameters. Under optimal conditions, it develops into a dense and bushy plant, creating a captivating focal point in the aquascape.
- Scientific Name: Ammannia senegalensis
- Common Names: Scarlet Ammannia, Senegal Ammannia
- Family: Lythraceae
- Origin: West Africa
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Beneficial for enhanced growth
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings, lateral shoots
1. Lighting: Ammannia senegalensis thrives under medium to high lighting conditions. Provide strong aquarium LED lights with a balanced spectrum to support optimal growth and vibrant coloration.
2. Substrate: Use a nutrient-rich substrate to promote healthy root development. A combination of nutrient-rich soil and a layer of gravel or sand creates an ideal foundation for this plant.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: While not strictly necessary, CO2 supplementation can significantly benefit the growth and coloration of Ammannia senegalensis. Regularly dose a comprehensive liquid fertilizer containing essential nutrients such as iron and potassium.
4. Pruning: Regular pruning is essential to maintain the desired shape and prevent the plant from becoming too dense. Trim the tops to encourage lateral growth, creating a full and bushy appearance.
5. Placement: Ammannia senegalensis is well-suited for midground to background placement in the aquarium. Its upright growth and vibrant colors make it an excellent choice for creating a visually striking background.
6. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters, including a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C) and a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5.
7. Propagation: Propagate Ammannia senegalensis through stem cuttings or by separating lateral shoots. Plant the cuttings into the substrate, and they will develop roots, giving rise to new plants.
With its regal appearance and intense colors, Ammannia senegalensis adds a touch of drama and vibrancy to aquariums, making it a prized selection for aquascaping enthusiasts looking to create captivating underwater landscapes.