Limnophila Aromatica "Green"
Common Name: Green Aromatica
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Limnophila Aromatica "Green" is a lush and verdant aquatic plant cherished for its vibrant green foliage and aromatic qualities. As a member of the Plantaginaceae family, this species is an attractive choice for aquarists and aquascape enthusiasts aiming to introduce a pop of color and elegance to their freshwater setups. Native to Southeast Asia, Limnophila Aromatica "Green" is known for its aromatic leaves and the ability to add a refreshing aesthetic to aquariums. The plant's graceful appearance and distinctive coloration make it a popular choice for both beginners and experienced aquarists.
- Scientific Name: Limnophila Aromatica "Green"
- Family: Plantaginaceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Lighting: Limnophila Aromatica "Green" flourishes in medium to high lighting conditions. Providing ample light ensures robust growth and the development of vibrant green hues.
2. Substrate: Plant in a nutrient-rich substrate to support the plant's nutritional needs. A well-fertilized substrate aids in the establishment of healthy roots.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant benefits from moderate to high CO2 levels and nutrient-rich water. Regular dosing of a comprehensive liquid fertilizer and the addition of CO2 enhance its growth and coloration.
4. Pruning: Regular pruning is beneficial to maintain a bushy and compact shape. Trim the tops to encourage lateral growth and prevent the plant from becoming too dense.
5. Water Parameters: Limnophila Aromatica "Green" thrives in a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C), with a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Soft to moderately hard water is suitable.
6. Placement: Ideal for midground to background placement in the aquarium. Plant in groups to create a visually striking arrangement and provide ample space for lateral growth.
7. Propagation: Propagate through stem cuttings. Simply cut a healthy stem and replant it into the substrate. The plant will develop roots and continue growing.
8. Challenges: Limnophila Aromatica "Green" is considered a moderate-level plant. Attention to lighting, CO2, and nutrient levels is essential for maintaining its lush green color and promoting healthy growth.
Limnophila Aromatica "Green" not only contributes to the visual appeal of aquariums but also infuses a delightful aromatic essence. With its vibrant green foliage and graceful demeanor, this plant elevates the aesthetics of planted tanks, making it a sought-after choice for aquascaping enthusiasts.