Common Name: Yellow Ludwigia
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Ludwigia Inclinata, commonly known as "Tall Ludwigia" or "Giant Ludwigia," is a visually striking aquatic plant that adds a touch of elegance to freshwater aquariums. This species, belonging to the Onagraceae family, hails from North and Central America. Ludwigia Inclinata is characterized by its vibrant hues and delicate, finely textured leaves that create a captivating focal point in aquascapes. With its graceful appearance and intense colors, this plant is a favorite among aquarists aiming to enhance the aesthetic appeal of planted aquariums.
- Scientific Name: Ludwigia Inclinata
- Family: Onagraceae
- Origin: North and Central America
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 64-82°F (18-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Lighting: Ludwigia Inclinata thrives in high lighting conditions. Providing intense light is crucial for the plant to exhibit its full range of colors.
2. Substrate: Plant in a nutrient-rich substrate to provide essential nutrients. A substrate enriched with iron contributes to intense coloration.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Ludwigia Inclinata benefits from medium to high CO2 levels. Regular dosing of a comprehensive liquid fertilizer supports robust growth and vibrant colors.
4. Pruning: Regular pruning is essential to manage the plant's size and encourage lateral growth. Trimming the tops promotes branching and creates a bushier appearance.
5. Water Parameters: Ludwigia Inclinata thrives in a temperature range of 64-82°F (18-28°C), with a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Soft to moderately hard water is suitable.
6. Placement: Ideal for midground to background placement in the aquarium. Plant in groups to create a visually striking and dynamic arrangement.
7. Propagation: Propagate through stem cuttings. Simply cut a healthy stem and replant it into the substrate. The plant will develop roots, and new shoots will emerge.
8. Challenges: Ludwigia Inclinata requires moderate to advanced care. Attention to high lighting, CO2 levels, and nutrient balance is crucial for maintaining vibrant colors.
Ludwigia Inclinata's graceful form and vibrant colors make it a captivating addition to planted aquariums. With proper care and attention to its specific requirements, this plant contributes to the creation of stunning aquascapes, where its delicate foliage and intense hues elevate the overall visual appeal of the underwater environment.