Common Name: Oval Ludwigia
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Ludwigia Ovalis, also known as "Oval-leaved Ludwigia," is an aquatic plant celebrated for its vibrant colors and distinctive oval-shaped leaves. Belonging to the Onagraceae family, this species is native to North and Central America. Ludwigia Ovalis is prized for its striking appearance, making it a popular choice among aquarists for adding a splash of color to freshwater aquariums. With its vibrant hues and unique leaf shape, this plant contributes to the overall visual appeal of planted tanks.
- Scientific Name: Ludwigia Ovalis
- Family: Onagraceae
- Origin: North and Central America
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 64-82°F (18-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Lighting: Ludwigia Ovalis thrives in medium to high lighting conditions. Providing ample light is essential for the plant to exhibit its full range of colors.
2. Substrate: Plant in a nutrient-rich substrate to provide essential nutrients. A substrate enriched with iron contributes to vibrant coloration.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Ludwigia Ovalis benefits from medium to high CO2 levels. Regular dosing of a comprehensive liquid fertilizer supports robust growth and vibrant colors.
4. Pruning: Regular pruning is essential to manage the plant's size and encourage lateral growth. Trimming the tops promotes branching and creates a bushier appearance.
5. Water Parameters: Ludwigia Ovalis thrives in a temperature range of 64-82°F (18-28°C), with a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Soft to moderately hard water is suitable.
6. Placement: Ideal for midground to background placement in the aquarium. Plant in groups to create a visually striking and dynamic arrangement.
7. Propagation: Propagate through stem cuttings. Simply cut a healthy stem and replant it into the substrate. The plant will develop roots, and new shoots will emerge.
8. Challenges: Ludwigia Ovalis requires moderate care. Attention to lighting, CO2 levels, and nutrient balance is crucial for maintaining vibrant colors.
Ludwigia Ovalis, with its distinctive leaf shape and vibrant colors, adds a touch of elegance and dynamism to planted aquariums. Whether used as a focal point or as part of a colorful aquatic arrangement, this species enhances the overall aesthetic appeal of freshwater tanks, creating a visually captivating underwater landscape.