Common Name: Erectus
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Pogostemon Erectus is a captivating aquarium plant known for its upright and elegant growth pattern. Belonging to the Lamiaceae family, this species hails from Asia, particularly regions like India and Southeast Asia. Its striking appearance and ease of care make it a popular choice among aquarists who seek to add vertical interest and lush greenery to their aquatic environments. The plant's slender stems, closely packed leaves, and vibrant green coloration contribute to its overall appeal.
- Scientific Name: Pogostemon Erectus
- Family: Lamiaceae
- Origin: Asia (India, Southeast Asia)
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings, Side Shoots
1. Lighting: Pogostemon Erectus thrives in medium to high lighting conditions. Adequate light is essential for its vertical growth and the development of lush foliage.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant benefits from medium to high CO2 levels. Additionally, a nutrient-rich substrate and regular dosing of a comprehensive liquid fertilizer will support its optimal growth.
3. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. The plant can adapt to varying water hardness levels.
4. Planting: Pogostemon Erectus can be planted in the substrate, and it typically forms dense stands with its upright stems. Proper spacing between individual stems ensures adequate light penetration.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning helps maintain the plant's shape and prevents it from becoming too dense. Trimming the upper parts of the stems encourages lateral branching, contributing to a bushier appearance.
6. Propagation: Propagation is achieved through cuttings or side shoots. Cuttings can be replanted in the substrate, and side shoots that develop along the stems can be separated and planted independently.
7. Background Plant: Due to its tall and upright growth habit, Pogostemon Erectus is often used as a background plant in aquariums, providing a visually appealing backdrop to the aquascape.
8. Visual Impact: The slender stems and closely spaced leaves create a visually striking effect in the aquarium. Pogostemon Erectus is known for its ability to add a sense of height and structure to aquatic layouts.
Pogostemon Erectus is a splendid choice for aquarists aiming to introduce vertical elements and lush greenery into their aquariums. With proper care and attention to lighting and nutrient levels, this aquatic plant can thrive and become a focal point in any freshwater setup.