Rotala Macrandra "Pink"
Common Name: Pink Macrandra
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Rotala Macrandra "Pink" is an enchanting aquatic plant celebrated for its vibrant pinkish-red foliage, adding a splash of color to freshwater aquariums. Belonging to the Lythraceae family, this species hails from Southeast Asia. The "Pink" variant is characterized by its delicate, finely textured leaves that showcase various shades of pink and red under optimal conditions. This plant's elegant appearance makes it a sought-after choice among aquarists looking to introduce captivating colors to their aquascapes.
- Scientific Name: Rotala Macrandra "Pink"
- Family: Lythraceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 5.5-7.0
- Propagation: Cuttings, Side Shoots
1. Lighting: Rotala Macrandra "Pink" thrives in high lighting conditions. Providing intense light is crucial for the plant to display its vibrant pink hues and maintain compact growth.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant benefits from elevated carbon dioxide levels and a nutrient-rich environment. Supplementing CO2 and offering a comprehensive fertilizer regimen, including micronutrients, supports its optimal growth and coloration.
3. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 5.5-7.0. Adequate water circulation helps distribute nutrients and encourages healthy growth.
4. Planting: Plant the cuttings or stems in the substrate, ensuring they are well-rooted. Consider planting in groups to create a visually appealing cluster of vibrant pink colors. Rotala Macrandra "Pink" is often used as a midground or background plant in aquascapes.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning is essential to maintain the desired shape and prevent overcrowding. Trim any excessive growth to encourage bushier lateral branching.
6. Propagation: Rotala Macrandra "Pink" can be propagated through cuttings or side shoots. Simply trim a healthy stem and replant it in the substrate. The plant will also produce side shoots that can be separated and planted.
7. Aquascape Compatibility: Due to its striking pink hues, Rotala Macrandra "Pink" is an excellent choice for adding visual interest and a pop of color to the midground or background of aquascapes. It complements other aquatic plants and creates a captivating focal point.
8. Substrate and Planting Depth: Plant the cuttings or stems in a nutrient-rich substrate, providing enough depth for secure anchoring. The substrate should contain essential nutrients to support the plant's growth and color development.
Rotala Macrandra "Pink" is a captivating and rewarding addition to planted aquariums, elevating the aesthetic appeal of underwater landscapes. With the right care and attention to lighting and nutrient requirements, this stunning plant thrives, showcasing its beautiful pink hues in the aquatic environment.