Common Name: Green Wallichii
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Rotala Nanjenshan is an exquisite aquatic plant known for its delicate and intricate appearance, making it a favored choice among aquarists looking to enhance the visual appeal of their freshwater tanks. Belonging to the family Lythraceae, this species originates from the Nanjenshan region in Taiwan. Its fine foliage and vibrant colors add a touch of elegance to aquariums, creating a captivating underwater landscape.
- Scientific Name: Rotala Nanjenshan
- Family: Lythraceae
- Origin: Taiwan (Nanjenshan region)
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 5.5-7.0
- Propagation: Cuttings, Side Shoots
1. Lighting: Rotala Nanjenshan thrives in high-light conditions. Providing intense illumination is essential for the plant to exhibit its vibrant colors and maintain compact growth.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant benefits from elevated carbon dioxide levels and a nutrient-rich environment. Supplementing CO2 and providing a comprehensive fertilizer regimen, including micronutrients, supports optimal growth and coloration.
3. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 5.5-7.0. Adequate water circulation helps distribute nutrients and encourages healthy growth.
4. Planting: Plant the cuttings or stems in the substrate, ensuring they are well-rooted. Rotala Nanjenshan is often planted in groups to create a visually striking cluster of fine, feathery leaves. It is suitable for midground and background positions in aquascapes.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning is necessary to maintain the desired shape and prevent overcrowding. Trimming encourages bushier lateral branching and contributes to the plant's overall health.
6. Propagation: Rotala Nanjenshan can be propagated through cuttings or side shoots. Trim a healthy stem and replant it in the substrate. The plant naturally produces side shoots that can be separated and planted.
7. Aquascape Compatibility: With its graceful appearance, Rotala Nanjenshan is an excellent choice for adding a touch of elegance to aquascapes. Its fine foliage contrasts well with other aquatic plants, creating a captivating visual effect.
8. Substrate and Planting Depth: Plant the cuttings or stems in a nutrient-rich substrate, providing enough depth for secure anchoring. The substrate should contain essential nutrients to support the plant's growth and color development.
Rotala Nanjenshan is a captivating aquatic species that enhances the beauty of planted aquariums. With proper care, including high light, nutrient supplementation, and regular maintenance, this plant flourishes, showcasing its intricate foliage and contributing to the overall aesthetic charm of the underwater environment.