Tonina Fluviatilis - Bulk Pack of 100 Nos
Common Name: Tonina Small
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Tonina fluviatilis, often referred to as River Tonina, is a stunning aquatic plant known for its slender, vibrant green stems and delicate, finely textured leaves. Native to the rivers and streams of South America, this species belongs to the family Eriocaulaceae. Tonina fluviatilis is highly sought after by aquascapers for its graceful appearance and the visual interest it brings to freshwater aquariums.
- Scientific Name: Tonina fluviatilis
- Common Name: River Tonina
- Origin: South America
- Difficulty Level: Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: High to Very High
- CO2 Requirement: High
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Growth Pattern: Tonina fluviatilis displays an upright growth pattern, with stems that can reach impressive heights under optimal conditions. The stems feature closely spaced leaves, giving the plant a lush and bushy appearance.
2. Lighting: High to very high lighting is essential for the successful cultivation of Tonina fluviatilis. Providing sufficient light ensures that the plant maintains its vibrant green coloration and encourages compact growth.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant thrives in environments with high levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) supplementation. Additionally, a nutrient-rich substrate and regular fertilization with micronutrients help support its demanding growth requirements.
4. Water Parameters: River Tonina prefers a water temperature between 72-82°F (22-28°C) and a pH range of 6.0-7.5. It is adaptable to various water hardness levels, making it suitable for a range of aquarium setups.
5. Propagation: Propagation of Tonina fluviatilis is primarily achieved through cuttings. Trim the upper portions of healthy stems and replant them in the substrate to encourage the development of new shoots. Frequent pruning helps maintain a bushy and compact growth form.
6. Aquascape Placement: Due to its height and upright growth, Tonina fluviatilis is often used as a background plant or as a midground focal point in aquascapes. Planted in groups, it creates a visually striking and dynamic aquatic scene.
7. Versatility: Tonina fluviatilis is versatile in its application and can be used in various aquascaping styles. Whether incorporated into Dutch-style aquascapes or nature aquarium layouts, this plant brings elegance and vertical interest to the underwater environment.
8. Maintenance: Regular maintenance involves pruning to control height and encourage lateral branching. Removal of any yellowing or damaged leaves helps maintain the plant's overall health and appearance. Routine care also includes monitoring water parameters and nutrient levels.
9. Attention to Detail: Tonina fluviatilis is admired for its intricate details, from the closely spaced leaves along its stems to the subtle color variations that can be observed in healthy specimens. This attention to detail adds a layer of sophistication to aquascapes.
10. Aquatic Finesse: The slender stems and delicate leaves of Tonina fluviatilis contribute to an aquascape's overall finesse. When planted against contrasting backgrounds or among other aquatic plants, it creates a captivating visual display.
Tonina fluviatilis stands as a testament to the allure of aquatic plants in the realm of aquascaping. Its graceful growth, vibrant greenery, and intricate details make it a prized addition for those seeking to craft visually stunning and sophisticated underwater landscapes. With the right care and attention, River Tonina transforms aquariums into captivating aquatic realms.