Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius
Common Name: Common Water Banana
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius, commonly known as Radican Sword or Creeping Burhead, is an elegant aquatic plant prized for its graceful, arching leaves. As a member of the Echinodorus genus within the Alismataceae family, this plant is native to South America. Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius is recognized for its emersed growth form, featuring long, arrow-shaped leaves that add a touch of sophistication to freshwater aquariums. With its unique appearance and relatively undemanding care requirements, it serves as a versatile and decorative choice for aquascapes.
- Scientific Name: Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius
- Family: Alismataceae
- Origin: South America
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Adventitious plantlets, division
1. Lighting: Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. While it can adapt to lower light levels, providing moderate light enhances its growth and overall appearance.
2. Substrate: Plant the Radican Sword in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients or the use of root tabs contributes to its overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius has low CO2 requirements. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, supplementing with a balanced liquid fertilizer enhances growth and leaf development.
4. Pruning: Regular pruning involves removing any yellowing or damaged leaves. Trimmed leaves can be cut close to the base using scissors. Regular maintenance helps maintain the plant's shape and encourages new growth.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius is suitable for midground or background placement in aquariums. Its arching leaves create a sense of movement, making it an attractive component in aquascapes.
7. Propagation: Propagate Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius through adventitious plantlets that develop on the flower stalks. Additionally, division of the rhizome can be employed to create new plants.
8. Challenges: Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius is considered an adaptable and easy-to-care-for plant. Providing stable tank conditions, including lighting and nutrient levels, contributes to its successful growth.
Echinodorus sp. Cordifolius, the Radican Sword, adds a touch of grace and movement to aquariums with its arching leaves. Whether featured as a centerpiece or as part of a lush aquatic landscape, this plant enhances the natural beauty of freshwater tanks, making it a favored choice for aquarists seeking an elegant and decorative aquatic plant.