Hemianthus Cuba - POT - Bulk Pack of 10 POTS
Common Name: Cuba H.C
Plant Use: Forground
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba': Creating a Miniature Aquatic Landscape
Description: Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba,' often referred to as HC Cuba, is a small and delicate aquatic plant known for its vibrant green color and carpeting growth habit. Originating from Cuba, this species belongs to the family Scrophulariaceae. Its miniature size and lush appearance make it a popular choice for aquascaping, especially in creating intricate foregrounds and captivating underwater landscapes.
- Scientific Name: Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba'
- Family: Scrophulariaceae
- Origin: Cuba
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Lighting Requirements: High
- CO2 Requirement: High
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 5.5-7.5
- Propagation: Runners
1. Lighting: HC Cuba thrives in high lighting conditions. Adequate light is essential for promoting compact growth and maintaining its vibrant green color. LED lighting or other high-output systems are recommended.
2. Substrate: Plant Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba' in a nutrient-rich substrate. A fine-grained substrate or specialized aquatic soil provides the necessary nutrients for healthy growth. Ensure the substrate is smooth for a uniform carpet effect.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: High levels of CO2 are crucial for the success of HC Cuba. A reliable CO2 injection system, along with a balanced liquid fertilizer, supports its growth and helps maintain a lush appearance.
4. Pruning: Regular trimming is necessary to keep the carpet dense and uniform. Use sharp scissors to trim any excess growth and to shape the carpet according to the desired layout.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C), a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 5.5-7.5, and soft to moderately hard water.
6. Placement: Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba' is well-suited for the foreground of aquariums, where its low and carpeting growth creates a visually striking effect. Plant it densely for the best results.
7. Propagation: HC Cuba propagates through runners. As the plant establishes itself, it sends out horizontal runners that produce new shoots. These runners can be carefully trimmed and replanted to expand the carpet.
8. Challenges: Considered moderate to difficult, success with HC Cuba depends on providing the right conditions, especially regarding lighting, CO2 levels, and nutrient availability. Attention to detail is key.
Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba' is a prized choice for aquarists aiming to create intricate and miniature landscapes within their aquariums. With its tiny size and lush green appearance, HC Cuba adds a touch of nature's beauty to freshwater tanks, transforming them into captivating underwater gardens.