Hygrophila Pinnatifida - POT
Stems Per Pot: 1 - 2
Common Name: Pinnatifida
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Hygrophila pinnatifida is a distinctive and visually striking aquatic plant that hails from India. Characterized by its intricate and pinnately divided leaves, it has gained popularity among aquarists for its unique appearance and versatility. This stem plant belongs to the Acanthaceae family and adds a touch of elegance to freshwater aquariums. The name "pinnatifida" refers to the feather-like arrangement of its leaves, contributing to its appeal as a captivating and ornamental species.
- Scientific Name: Hygrophila pinnatifida
- Family: Acanthaceae
- Origin: India
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings, Side Shoots
1. Lighting: Hygrophila pinnatifida thrives in medium to high lighting conditions. Providing ample light is crucial for maintaining its vibrant colors and promoting compact growth.
2. Substrate: Plant in a nutrient-rich substrate to support healthy growth. Consider using a nutrient-rich substrate or supplementing with root tabs. Adequate nutrients contribute to the development of lush foliage.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Hygrophila pinnatifida benefits from a moderate to high level of CO2 supplementation. Ensure a consistent supply of essential nutrients, including micronutrients, through the use of a comprehensive liquid fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Regular pruning helps maintain the desired shape and prevents excessive growth. Trimming can encourage lateral shoots, resulting in a bushier appearance.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C), a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Hygrophila pinnatifida is versatile and can be placed in various locations within the aquarium. It is suitable for midground or background placement, and its unique leaf structure adds texture to aquascapes.
7. Propagation: Propagate through cuttings or side shoots. Healthy stems can be trimmed and replanted in the substrate, or new plants can be grown from side shoots.
8. Challenges: Considered moderately challenging, Hygrophila pinnatifida demands attention to lighting, CO2 supplementation, and nutrient levels to thrive. Proper care results in a captivating and rewarding addition to the aquarium.
Hygrophila pinnatifida stands out as a botanical gem in the aquarium hobby, offering aquarists an opportunity to showcase a unique and visually stunning plant. Its feathery leaves and intricate growth pattern make it an excellent choice for those seeking a captivating and elegant aquatic centerpiece.