Common Name: Erio. Broad Leaf
Plant Use: Foreground
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Light Demand: High
Co2 Demand: High
Fertilizer Demand: High
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Eriocaulon parviflorum, commonly known as Small-Flowered Eriocaulon, is an exquisite aquatic plant prized for its delicate appearance and intricate floral structures. Belonging to the family Eriocaulaceae, this species is native to Southeast Asia and is highly valued in the aquascaping community for its unique aesthetic contribution. Eriocaulon parviflorum is characterized by its slender stems, tiny leaves, and diminutive flowers that add an ethereal touch to freshwater aquariums.
- Scientific Name: Eriocaulon parviflorum
- Family: Eriocaulaceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Lighting Requirements: Moderate to High
- CO2 Requirement: Medium to High
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.0
- Propagation: Runners, division
1. Lighting: Eriocaulon parviflorum thrives in moderate to high lighting conditions. Providing ample light is crucial for its growth and the development of its delicate features.
2. Substrate: A nutrient-rich substrate is beneficial for Eriocaulon parviflorum. A fine-grained substrate allows for the establishment of its roots and supports nutrient uptake. Consider using a nutrient-rich aquatic soil.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant benefits from medium to high CO2 levels. CO2 supplementation, along with a comprehensive liquid fertilizer, contributes to its overall health and vibrant appearance.
4. Pruning: Regular pruning helps maintain the plant's compact size and encourages the development of new leaves. Trim any yellowing or damaged leaves using sharp scissors. Removal of flower stalks after flowering may be done to redirect energy toward vegetative growth.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C), a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.0, and soft to moderately hard water.
6. Placement: Eriocaulon parviflorum is suitable for the midground to background of aquariums, where its slender stems and intricate flowers can be showcased. Plant it in groups for a more impactful visual effect.
7. Propagation: Propagate Eriocaulon parviflorum through the division of mature plants. As the plant matures, it may produce runners, and new plantlets will develop along these runners. Carefully separate these plantlets for propagation.
8. Challenges: Eriocaulon parviflorum is considered moderately to difficult to cultivate due to its specific care requirements, especially regarding lighting and CO2 levels. Attention to detail and a commitment to meeting its needs are crucial for success.
Eriocaulon parviflorum is a captivating addition to planted aquariums, elevating the aquascape with its ethereal presence. Aquascapers who appreciate the challenge of cultivating more delicate and specialized aquatic plants will find Small-Flowered Eriocaulon to be a rewarding and visually stunning choice for their underwater landscapes.