Cryptocoryne Pontederiifolia - Bulk Pack of 100 Nos
Common Name: Crypt Alba
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Low
Fertilizer Demand: Low
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia, commonly known as Pontederiifolia Crypt, is a captivating aquatic plant admired for its unique and decorative leaves. As a member of the Cryptocoryne genus within the family Araceae, this plant is native to Southeast Asia, including regions in India and Sri Lanka. Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia is characterized by its elongated and lance-shaped leaves that feature a prominent midrib and undulating edges. The leaves may exhibit various shades of green, contributing to its aesthetic appeal. This Cryptocoryne species adds a touch of elegance to freshwater aquariums, making it a popular choice among aquarists engaged in planted tank setups.
Known for its hardiness and adaptability, Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia is suitable for both novice and experienced aquarium enthusiasts.
- Scientific Name: Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia (India, Sri Lanka)
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Runner, division
1. Lighting: Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. Adequate light is essential for maintaining its vibrant green color and promoting healthy growth.
2. Substrate: Plant the Cryptocoryne in a nutrient-rich substrate to meet its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients supports its growth, and root tabs can be added to enhance its overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia has low to medium CO2 requirements. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, supplementing with a balanced liquid fertilizer ensures optimal growth and coloration.
4. Pruning: Pruning is generally minimal for Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia. Remove any yellowing or damaged leaves as needed. As the plant forms runners, new plantlets will develop, contributing to its natural propagation.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia is well-suited for midground to background placement in aquariums. Its elongated leaves create a visually appealing contrast to plants with broader foliage, contributing to a well-balanced aquascape.
7. Propagation: Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia propagates through the formation of runners. As the plant establishes itself, runners with new plantlets emerge from the base. These can be gently separated and replanted to expand the Crypt population.
8. Challenges: Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia is generally considered a hardy plant. Providing stable tank conditions, including lighting and substrate, will contribute to its successful growth. It may undergo a brief transition period when introduced to a new environment.
Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia's distinctive leaves and adaptability make it a versatile choice for aquarists looking to add an elegant and visually intriguing plant to their aquariums. Whether used as a focal point or as part of a larger aquascape, this Cryptocoryne species enhances the aesthetic appeal of freshwater tanks, creating a serene and harmonious underwater environment.