Rotala Rotundifolia 'Orange'
Common Name: Small Mint Orange
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Rotala Rotundifolia 'Orange' is a captivating and vibrant aquatic plant that adds a burst of citrus-inspired color to freshwater aquariums. This variant of Rotala Rotundifolia features striking orange hues, making it a sought-after choice among aquarists looking to infuse warmth and vibrancy into their underwater landscapes. With its attractive appearance and moderate care requirements, 'Orange' stands out as a beautiful and dynamic addition to planted aquariums.
- Scientific Name: Rotala Rotundifolia 'Orange'
- Family: Lythraceae
- Origin: Cultivated variant, likely from Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Lighting: 'Orange' thrives in moderate to high lighting conditions, which are essential for promoting and maintaining its vibrant orange coloration. Adequate lighting is crucial to ensure the plant receives the energy needed for robust growth.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: While not excessively demanding, 'Orange' benefits from moderate CO2 levels and a nutrient-rich substrate. Providing a balanced nutrient regimen enhances its color and overall health.
3. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Consistent water parameters contribute to the well-being and vibrancy of the plant.
4. Planting: Plant cuttings in the substrate, leaving sufficient space between stems for proper growth. 'Orange' is an excellent choice for midground or background placement, adding a pop of color to the aquarium.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning is beneficial for maintaining the desired shape and promoting lateral branching. Trim the tops to encourage bushier growth and prevent excessive vertical growth.
6. Propagation: 'Orange' can be propagated through stem cuttings. Trim healthy stems and replant them in the substrate, ensuring the cuttings are securely anchored for optimal growth.
7. Aquascape Compatibility: Rotala Rotundifolia 'Orange' is a versatile plant that complements various aquascaping styles. Its vibrant orange color can be used to create eye-catching contrasts and add a dynamic element to planted aquariums.
8. Substrate and Planting Depth: Plant cuttings in a nutrient-rich substrate to provide essential nutrients. Ensure the substrate supports anchoring, allowing the plant to establish itself securely.
Rotala Rotundifolia 'Orange' is an excellent choice for aquarists seeking to introduce a burst of citrus-inspired color to their aquariums. Its vivid orange hues bring warmth and energy to aquatic landscapes, creating a visually stunning environment. Whether used as a focal point or combined with other aquatic plants, 'Orange' adds a refreshing and lively touch to freshwater aquariums, captivating observers with its vibrant and dynamic presence.