Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho - Bulk Pack of 200 Nos
Common Name: Porto Velho
Plant Use: Forground
Difficulty Level: Easy
Light Demand: Low
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho is an aquatic plant renowned for its vibrant and distinctive foliage, making it a sought-after choice for aquascaping enthusiasts. Belonging to the Acanthaceae family, this species adds a touch of elegance to freshwater aquariums with its unique leaf structure and eye-catching coloration. Originating from the freshwater habitats of Porto Velho in Brazil, this plant has gained popularity for its ornamental qualities and suitability for planted tank setups.
- Scientific Name: Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho
- Common Name: Porto Velho Staurogyne
- Origin: Freshwater habitats of Porto Velho, Brazil
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Moderate to High
- CO2 Requirement: Moderate
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings, side shoots
1. Leaf Structure: Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho is characterized by its vibrant green leaves arranged in opposite pairs along the stems. The lanceolate leaves have a slightly serrated edge, contributing to the plant's visual appeal. The unique leaf structure and coloration make it an attractive addition to planted aquariums.
2. Lighting: Providing moderate to high light is essential for the healthy growth of Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho. Adequate lighting promotes compact growth and intensifies the vibrant green hues of the leaves, creating a visually striking effect in the aquarium.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant benefits from moderate CO2 supplementation to support robust growth and the development of vibrant foliage. A nutrient-rich substrate and regular fertilization with a comprehensive aquarium fertilizer contribute to its overall well-being.
4. Water Parameters: Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho thrives in a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH (6.0-7.5). The plant adapts well to varying water hardness levels, making it suitable for a range of aquarium setups.
5. Propagation: The propagation of Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho can be achieved through cuttings or by planting side shoots. Trimmed stems can be replanted in the substrate, where they will take root and develop into new plants. Regular pruning helps maintain the desired shape and encourages lateral growth.
6. Versatility: Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho's vibrant green color and unique leaf structure make it a versatile choice for aquascapes. It can be used as a midground or background plant, providing a refreshing and lively contrast to other aquatic species.
7. Aesthetic Appeal: The vibrant green coloration of Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho creates a visually pleasing and dynamic element in planted aquariums. Its ornamental qualities make it an excellent choice for aquascapers looking to enhance the overall aesthetics of their underwater layouts.
8. Maintenance: Routine maintenance involves pruning to control height and encourage lateral growth. Removing any yellowing or decaying leaves ensures the plant's vitality and helps maintain a neat and attractive appearance in the aquarium.
9. Ideal for Aquascaping: Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho is well-suited for aquascaping projects where a burst of vibrant green is desired. Whether used as a focal point or as part of a diverse plant arrangement, it adds a touch of elegance to freshwater aquariums.
10. Underwater Foliage: Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho retains its vibrant green coloration underwater, providing a continuous display of lush foliage. Its ability to thrive and showcase its ornamental qualities beneath the water's surface makes it a valued choice among aquascaping enthusiasts.
Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho stands out as a unique and visually appealing aquatic plant, bringing a burst of vibrant green to freshwater aquariums. With its striking foliage and adaptability, this species offers aquascapers a versatile option for creating captivating underwater landscapes. Whether used as a focal point or as part of a lush plant arrangement, Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho adds a touch of natural beauty to aquariums.