Echinodorus Grisebachii - Bulk Pack of 100 Nos
Common Name: Pygmy Amazon / Chain Amazon
Plant Use: Foreground
Difficulty Level: Mediumg
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Echinodorus Grisebachii, commonly known as Amazon Sword or Broad-Leaved Amazon Sword, is a stately and robust aquatic plant appreciated for its large, lance-shaped leaves and imposing presence in freshwater aquariums. As a member of the Echinodorus genus within the Alismataceae family, this plant is native to South America, particularly the Amazon River basin. With its impressive size and deep green coloration, Echinodorus Grisebachii serves as a versatile centerpiece, creating a natural and dynamic focal point in aquascapes.
- Scientific Name: Echinodorus Grisebachii
- Family: Alismataceae
- Origin: South America (Amazon River basin)
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low
- Temperature Range: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Adventitious plantlets, division
1. Lighting: Echinodorus Grisebachii thrives in low to medium lighting conditions. While it can tolerate lower light levels, providing moderate light enhances its growth and overall appearance.
2. Substrate: Plant the Amazon Sword in a nutrient-rich substrate to support its nutritional needs. A substrate containing essential nutrients or the use of root tabs contributes to its overall well-being.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: Echinodorus Grisebachii has low CO2 requirements. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, supplementing with a balanced liquid fertilizer enhances growth and leaf development.
4. Pruning: Pruning involves removing any yellowing or damaged leaves. Trimmed leaves can be cut close to the base using scissors. Regular pruning helps maintain the plant's shape and encourages new growth.
5. Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C), a slightly acidic to slightly alkaline pH between 6.0-7.5, and moderate water hardness.
6. Placement: Echinodorus Grisebachii is suitable for midground or background placement in aquariums. Its tall and broad leaves create a sense of depth and provide a visually appealing backdrop in aquascapes.
7. Propagation: Propagate Echinodorus Grisebachii through adventitious plantlets that develop on the flower stalks. Additionally, division of the rhizome can be employed to create new plants.
8. Challenges: Echinodorus Grisebachii is considered an easy-to-care-for plant, making it suitable for beginners. Providing stable tank conditions, including lighting and nutrient levels, contributes to its successful growth.
Echinodorus Grisebachii, the Amazon Sword, adds a touch of grandeur to aquariums with its regal presence. Whether used as a focal point or as part of a lush aquatic landscape, this plant enhances the natural beauty of freshwater tanks and creates a captivating underwater environment.