Rotala Rotundifolia 'Twilight' - Bulk Pack of 10 POT
Stems Per Pot: 10 - 12
Common Name: Small Mint 'Twilight'
Plant Use: Background
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Rotala Rotundifolia 'Twilight' is a captivating aquatic plant known for its unique coloration that transitions from vibrant green to shades of pink and orange. This stunning gradient effect adds a touch of serenity and elegance to freshwater aquariums, making it a popular choice among aquascaping enthusiasts. 'Twilight' combines beauty with ease of care, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced aquarists looking to create a visually striking underwater landscape.
- Scientific Name: Rotala Rotundifolia 'Twilight'
- Family: Lythraceae
- Origin: Cultivated variant, likely from Southeast Asia
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Low to Medium
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 68-82°F (20-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Cuttings
1. Lighting: 'Twilight' adapts well to low to medium lighting conditions, making it a versatile choice for various aquarium setups. While higher light intensities can enhance coloration, it can thrive in setups with less intense lighting.
2. CO2 and Nutrients: This plant is relatively undemanding when it comes to CO2 and nutrient requirements. However, providing a balanced nutrient substrate and occasional liquid fertilization can enhance its overall health and color.
3. Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. 'Twilight' is adaptable to a range of water conditions, contributing to its ease of care.
4. Planting: Plant cuttings in the substrate, leaving enough space between stems for proper growth. Its graceful appearance makes it suitable for background or midground placement, adding a tranquil gradient to the aquarium.
5. Pruning: Regular pruning helps maintain the desired shape and encourages lateral branching. Trim the tops to promote bushier growth and prevent excessive vertical development.
6. Propagation: 'Twilight' can be propagated through stem cuttings. Trim healthy stems and replant them in the substrate, allowing for secure anchoring to promote optimal growth.
7. Aquascape Compatibility: With its serene gradient of colors, 'Twilight' complements various aquascaping styles. Its graceful appearance and adaptable nature make it an excellent addition to both nature-inspired and artistic aquarium layouts.
8. Substrate and Planting Depth: Plant cuttings in a nutrient-rich substrate to provide essential nutrients. Ensure the substrate supports anchoring, allowing the plant to establish itself securely.
Rotala Rotundifolia 'Twilight' brings a tranquil and sophisticated ambiance to aquariums, creating a captivating visual experience for observers. Whether used as a standalone feature or combined with other aquatic plants, its gradient coloration adds a touch of elegance to freshwater environments. With its ease of care and adaptability, 'Twilight' remains a favorite choice for aquascapers aiming to achieve a harmonious and visually appealing underwater scape.