Lilaeopsis Macloviana - LOOSE
Common Name: Lilaeopsis Macloviana
Plant Use: Midground
Difficulty Level: Medium
Light Demand: Medium
Co2 Demand: Medium
Fertilizer Demand: Medium
View Our Policies
Payments Processed Through RazorPay
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Customers Say
Description: Lilaeopsis macloviana, often known as Micro Sword or Lilaeopsis mauritiana, is a delicate and fine-leaved aquatic plant that contributes a graceful presence to aquariums. This plant, belonging to the Apiaceae family, is native to regions in South America and is recognized for its carpeting ability. The slender, green leaves grow in dense clusters, forming a lush carpet that adds a naturalistic touch to freshwater aquariums. Lilaeopsis macloviana is particularly favored for its aesthetic appeal and its capacity to create captivating foregrounds in aquascapes.
- Scientific Name: Lilaeopsis macloviana
- Family: Apiaceae
- Origin: South America
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2 Requirement: Low to Medium
- Temperature Range: 64-82°F (18-28°C)
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Propagation: Runners, Division
1. Lighting: Lilaeopsis macloviana does well in moderate to high lighting conditions. Sufficient light encourages compact growth and the development of a lush carpet.
2. Substrate: Plant in a nutrient-rich substrate for optimal growth. A fine-grain substrate with good nutrient content supports the establishment of a dense carpet.
3. CO2 and Nutrients: While it can adapt to low CO2 levels, providing a moderate amount enhances its growth. Regular fertilization with a liquid fertilizer or root tabs ensures an adequate supply of nutrients.
4. Pruning: Regular trimming helps maintain the desired carpet height and prevents the formation of dense mats that might hinder light penetration. Trim the tops or cut the runners to control growth.
5. Water Parameters: Lilaeopsis macloviana thrives in a temperature range of 64-82°F (18-28°C) with a slightly acidic to neutral pH between 6.0-7.5. Soft to moderately hard water is suitable.
6. Placement: Ideal for the foreground of the aquarium, Lilaeopsis macloviana creates a visually appealing carpet when planted in groups. Ensure that it receives enough light for even growth.
7. Propagation: Propagate through runners and division. The plant sends out runners, and new plants can be established by carefully separating and planting the rooted portions.
8. Challenges: Considered a moderate-level plant, Lilaeopsis macloviana is well-suited for aquarists with some experience. It provides an excellent opportunity to create lush and delicate foregrounds in aquariums.
Lilaeopsis macloviana brings a sense of delicate beauty to aquariums with its fine-leaved carpeting. Whether used in nature-inspired aquascapes or as a foreground accent in larger setups, this plant enhances the overall aesthetics of freshwater aquariums with its graceful presence.