API Bio Media 1Kg / 2 Liter
This Bio Media is a mixture of porous filtration media specially designed for recreating the water purification system of the nature.
Porous natural stone has a high permeability and provides an ideal environment for filtration bacteria to colonize.
It also helps to remove organic substances, which become a cause of water pollution and degrade quickly through the work of microorganisms.
- Improves Water Quality. Perfect medium to establish Nitrogen Cycle and help eliminate Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and to prevent other poor water quality related diseases.
- Ideal Bacteria Conditions: Due to its porous nature, it creates ideal conditions for billions of Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria within a single filter medium. The result is a faster bacteria colonization time, stable and longer bacteria life span.
- Largest Effective Surface Area. BET Method surface area analysis has determined the effective surface area of BIO-MEDIA to be in the range of 2550 sq meters/liter, far surpassing other biological mediums in the market.
- pH Neutral pH-inert material does not modify pH, suitable for soft-water
- Flaking of Blo-membrane. Continuous use of BIO-MEDIA causes deposits (like dead fish, decaying plants, shrimp exoskeleton, etc.) and organic particulates (like fish food, fish waste, etc. which accumulate over time and reduce your filter medium's effective surface area over time. BIO-MEDIA Introduces the concept of bio-membrane flaking that minimizes the clogging of cavities and micro-tunnels when used under good filtration conditions.
- BIO-MEDIA can be used with all kinds of freshwater based aquariums, ponds and waterbodies. It can also be used with all kinds of filters that have space to house bio media (like Hang On Back Filters, External Canister Filters, Overhead Filters, Trickle Filters, Sump Filters etc.)
- Environmentally Friendly, BIC-MEDIA can also be reused for horticulture purposes due to high mineral content and non-toxicity
- Please Wash BIO-MEDIA before use.
- Add BIO-MEDIA in the mesh bag provided.
- WATER CARE 4+ packet is provided along with the Bio-Media only as Introductory offer
- Tie the mesh bag and place inside your filter.
- At initial setup, the aquarium water becomes murky, but it will clear up in a few hours.
- In case clogged filter causes the lower flow volume, take out BIO-MEDIA to a bucket and rinse lightly with aquarium water to remove dirt and sludge
Surface Area/Volume: 2550mL (effective surface area)
Volume Density: 30-1.25g/cm
Percolation Rate: 20.6cm/sec
Cavity Structure: Continuous 2-3 dimensional cavity